Owner, Artistic Director
DeShonte’ Cobin founded Creative Movements “Techniques-N-Dance”, LLC in September 2008 with the purpose of promoting self-esteem, self-awareness, and personal growth in students while teaching the art distinct dance genres.
At the age of three, DeShonte began her dance training in Ballet, Tap, and Jazz. She later developed a special love for “Tap” and took a master class under the direction of Mr. Lonnie McFadden. Since then, DeShonte’ has had the privilege of working with the Kansas City Friends of Alvin Ailey as a summer camp “Tap” and “Jazz” instructor.
Some of DeShonte’s choreography and instruction include:
- the Allen Chapel AME Liturgical Praise dance director
- dance workshops
- Releve Dance Ensemble
- the AME Church Midwest Conference young people department
- Verbal Visions Spoken Word Ministry
- Unity Productions gospel play “Say Yes”
- and private events and programs.
DeShonte’s love for dance isn’t to be outdone by her academia. She has attained the following academic credentials:
- Associate of Arts Degree from Johnson County Community College
- Certificate of Business Entrepreneurship though the Kansas Women’s Business Center
- Bachelor of Business Administration Degree from Baker University.
DeShonte is dedicated and has a passion for working with youth while challenging them to strive for excellence in all that they do. She believes in instilling values not just for the moment … but values that will last a lifetime.
Paco Vitug graduated from the Conservatory of Dance and Music at the University of Missouri-Kansas City, pursuing his degree in Dance Performance (Classical Ballet & Modern) and Choreography.
Prior to joining the Creative Movements family, Paco’s professional dance and choreography career spanned decades to include:
Choreographer (2014-2021, Kansas City, MO)
- The Filipino Community
- The Medical Ball
- The September Affair
- Allen Meyers Jazz Orchestra
- The West Side Story at the grand opening of the Kauffman Performing Arts Center.
- Bishop Miege High School Dance Team
- In June 2012 the team was invited to NDA Nationals in Orlando FL for the first time in the school’s history!
Professional dancer (Las Vegas, NV)
- The Imperial Palace Hotel & Casino
- The Aladdin Hotel & Casino
- The MGM Theater, and at The Magic Castle in California.
Professional dancer (Anaheim, CA)
Televised dance work – commercials (represented in Jazz and Hip-Hop with the famous Bobby Ball Agency in Los Angeles CA
- Miller Light
- Dr. Pepper
Dance & Fitness Magazine (West Hollywood, CA)
- The “Majesty,” Norwegian Cruise Line
Modeling – Print and Television (Talent Unlimited Agency)
- AMC Theater
- YouTube (Karobics Fitness)
When he’s not choreographing at Creative Movements, Paco trains in the style of competitive Ballroom under Rafael Labrado in “American Rhythm” and “International Latin.” Additionally, for the last five years he has performed with Storling Dance Company in “Underground” and “Child of Hope” at the Kauffman Performing Arts Center.
Bio coming soon.
Bio coming soon.